Dress Up Your Baby Bump for Spring with These Five Fashion Dos
Date: March 23, 2015
Topic Area: I Am Pregnant
It’s almost time to lighten up and shed those bulky, winter layers. Welcome in the season and celebrate your beautiful baby bump with these fresh spring styles.
- 1. Highlight that baby bump – The classic look of the empire waist dress never goes out of style in maternity wear, and there’s good reason. It’s a bump-flattering silhouette, and makes your beautiful belly the center of the attention. For the latest update on this look, tie a brightly colored bow or skinny belt around the waistline.
- 2. Rock the lower neckline – For many women, fuller cleavage is one of the perks of pregnancy. Don’t be afraid to flaunt it!
- 3. Be a star in stripes – Bold stripes are a must-have belly-accentuating trend for spring, particularly in black and white or navy and white. You’ll find this playful pattern in off-the-shoulder tops and dresses. Make a statement and pair your stripes with a brightly colored bag or shoes.
- 4. Max out – Here’s hoping the maternity maxi dress never goes out of style, because it has to be the single most comfortable thing a mum-to-be can wear, and one of the most versatile. When it comes to styling your maxi dress, we say: “Express yourself”! Go for the downtown chic look and pair a solid colored maxi with a slim, denim jacket. Or, embrace your inner “boho” goddess with a bright, floral-patterned maxi dress, and stack some colorful bracelets on your wrists.
- 5. Get ruched – Side-ruched tops flatter your shape at nearly every stage of your pregnancy. And, they come in handy after the baby is born, while you’re looking for something comfortable and flattering to wear.